[Mailman-Users] Moving mailman lists

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Feb 22 04:02:37 CET 2007

Hi,

Quick Q,

We have an organisation wanting to use our mailman server, but they want
their own domain. Since mailman does not easily do multiple domains, in
the short term they will accept using our domain but later want to
extract their lists and run them under their own domain on their own
mailman server.

So, how easy would it be to "extract" all the setup info and move it to
the new server and convert it to a new list name and a new domain at a
later date?

Does this involve hacking by hand or would it be easy to automate? Is
there already such a tool?

Could the archived items be "cleansed" of the old domain and the new
domain be substituted? (this is probably a secondary requirement)...

Unless this is easy my preference is to let them wait until they get a
new server but they want something "now".

regards

Steven Jones
Senior  Linux/Unix/San System Administrator
APG -Technology Integration Team
Victoria University of Wellington