[Mailman-Users] Auto-reject non-member messages?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Feb 23 18:47:32 CET 2007

Mike Starr wrote:

>I just took over administering a list and get a few spam messages to the
>list from non-members. I looked at the available information and
>couldn't figure out how to set the list admin controls to automatically
>reject any message to the list from a non-member. We're a small group
>with a tightly controlled membership so it won't be a problem to just
>blanket reject messages from non-subscribers. Thanks for your help.

Privacy options...->Sender filters->generic_nonmember_action

Discard is better than Reject unless you feel you might receive
non-member posts for which it is important to respond in some way,
i.e. some legitimate request from a non-member who would assume the
request was received in the absence of a negative reply.