[Mailman-Users] The incredible disapearing post?

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Tue Jan 2 22:20:15 CET 2007

Quoting Brian Atkins (batkins at tlcdelivers.com):
> I was able to get one message from him to go through this afternoon by
> unchecking 'log on to the server before sending' in Outlook.
>
> Hmmm... I can't imagine why that would have prevented him from sending
> through mailman. I decided to look there after I noticed that the
> message he was sending had a message ID of "@AD-DOMAIN.DOMAIN.COM" and
> the other user was "@mail.DOMAIN.COM".

If it's changing the Message-ID, it might be changing the From address as
well.  Is your mailing list set to reject mail from non-members?  If so,
it's possible that Outlook is changing his From to something other than
what he subscribed as.  Is there anything in the vette log?

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://blog.xcski.com/
Quality Control, n.: