[Mailman-Users] a corrupt pickle

Ken Crater ken at control.com
Tue Jan 9 03:58:48 CET 2007

Thanks, Barry and Mark, I'm resigned to my fate.

Just as additional info on the circumstances:

- The system crash seems to have been caused by disk errors on an alleged
RAID array (still working on that problem), so that may account for the file

- We were running Mailman 2.1, so the SYNC_AFTER_WRITE option was not
available anyway.

So, the combination of buffering and disk errors, along with an ill-timed
crash (are they *ever* well-timed?) was likely the culprit.  None of which
would have been so bad had we been more careful about policing our backup

Lots of lessons on this one...

Best Regards,