[Mailman-Users] a corrupt pickle

Ken Crater ken at control.com
Tue Jan 9 03:58:48 CET 2007

Thanks, Barry and Mark, I'm resigned to my fate.

Just as additional info on the circumstances:

- The system crash seems to have been caused by disk errors on an alleged
RAID array (still working on that problem), so that may account for the file
corruption.

- We were running Mailman 2.1, so the SYNC_AFTER_WRITE option was not
available anyway.

So, the combination of buffering and disk errors, along with an ill-timed
crash (are they *ever* well-timed?) was likely the culprit.  None of which
would have been so bad had we been more careful about policing our backup
policies.

Lots of lessons on this one...

Best Regards,
Ken