[Mailman-Users] From header

Josh Baird josh at jbdesign.net
Wed Jan 17 05:19:21 CET 2007

Hmm..

 i18ndesc = str(uheader(mlist, mlist.description, 'From'))
 msg['From'] = formataddr((i18ndesc, mlist.GetListEmail()))

Adding those (changing the 2nd line) seemed to break Mailman.. Nothing is
getting delivered.  The mails are not going out:

Jan 16 23:06:45 boxname postfix/local[3079]: AA36831C4FB:
to=<list at domain.com>, relay=local, delay=1, status=sent (delivered to
command: /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post list)

Is the last thing I see in the maillog.. maybe I should just try upgrading
to 2.1.9 by specifying --prefix=/usr/lib/mailman in the configure?

> Josh Baird wrote:
>
>>but would it be easier to simply edit a couple
>>lines of code to add the list description to the From: header?
>>
>>If so, do you know where I could do this?
>

> See
> <http://mailman.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mailman/branches/Release_2_1-maint/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Cleanse.py?r1=6389&r2=7337>
>
> --
> Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,

Josh Baird
JB Design - Professional Web Devel. & IT Consulting
Phone: (859) 583-4214
Fax: (859) 239-0031
http://www.jbdesign.net