[Mailman-Users] Attempt to block spam using X-Spam-Flag blocks allmessages to list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jan 20 04:40:40 CET 2007

Kelly Jones wrote:

>Thanks, Mark. I'm pretty sure there was a newline after the regexp.
>
>In fact, I dumped the config before we wiped out the filter:
>
>header_filter_rules = [('^x-spam-flag:.*yes\r\n\r\n', 3, False)]
>
>That second "\r\n" shouldn't be there, should it? Ouch!

That's correct. the second \r\n results in a null pattern (the null
string between the two \r\n pairs) that matches anything. I've fixed
this in Subversion for the next release. Empty and blank patterns will
be ignored. If you really want a pattern that matches anything, you'll
have to use '^' or '.'.