[Mailman-Users] mailman install problem - Solaris

Piniella, David A DPiniella at med.miami.edu
Wed Jan 24 04:09:36 CET 2007

OK, for giggles, I updated python to 2.5 from 2.3.5, and now configure does this:

checking for group name "mailman"... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "conftest.py", line 1, in <module>
    import grp
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
cat: cannot open conftest.out
configure: error:
***** No "mailman" group found!
***** Your system must have a "mailman" group defined
***** (usually in your /etc/group file).  Please see the INSTALL
***** file for details.
bash-3.00# cat /etc/group | grep mailman
mailman::100:mailman
bash-3.00#

...what?

Dave.