[Mailman-Users] Duplicate Subscribe/Unsubscribe Notifications

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jan 26 23:10:59 CET 2007

Ki Song wrote:

>One thing I do notice is that the administrator and moderator addresses
>listed in the GENERAL OPTIONS web admin page of each list is the same
>address (newsletter at knifecenter.com).

Bingo!

>Further below, on that same page, there is an option that says, "Should the
>administrator get notices of subscribes and unsubscribes?" I have that
>checked to YES.

This causes the notice to be sent. This particular notice is sent to
both the owners and the moderators. You are listed twice - you get it
twice.

Some (very few, I don't remember which offhand) notices are sent to
owner only. Most are sent to owner and moderator. None are sent to
moderator only. Thus it makes no sense to list an address as both
owner and moderator and only results in duplicate notices.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.027.htp>
and
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.060.htp>