[Mailman-Users] Moved list, archiving

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Jan 30 09:52:14 CET 2007

At 12:37 AM -0800 1/30/07, G. Armour Van Horn wrote:

>  After moving the list to it's new home and running the script to update
>  the archive, I ended up with a raft of messages in the January 2007
>  archive that are probably ancient. They show no subject, and all of them
>  are dated this afternoon, probably at the time that I ran the script. Is
>  there any safe way to clear those out?

That's an artifact of the date-correction routines in the pipermail 
archiving system that was integrated into Mailman.  I've got an item 
on the request list to move the date correction routines into Mailman 
itself, right after message reception.  That way the messages get 
corrected once on input and then never need to get corrected again, 
and you don't wind up with the situation that you have now.

I don't know that there's any way to fix this problem with the 
current code, short of going in and manually editing the raw mailbox 
to correct the date header (and any other headers that need fixing), 
and then completely re-generating your archives.

Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org>, Consultant & Author
Co-author of SAGE Booklet #15 "Internet Postmaster: Duties and 
Founding Member and Platinum Individual Sponsor of LOPSA: 
Papers: <http://tinyurl.com/tj6q4> LinkedIn Profile: 

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list