[Mailman-Users] rare problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jul 13 20:11:23 CEST 2007

Jesús Oliván wrote:

>Yes, patch is installed.
>
>Sorry, pattern was *@uab.cat, but we own uab.es too.
>
>When message is sent, we receive this response:
>
>El missatge adjunt ha estat automàticament descartat.

>Asunto:
>tttt
>De:
>test12345á6789-12345á6789-12345á6789-12345á6789-12345á6789- <prova at uab.cat>

So it appears that with the patch installed, Mailman is properly
unfolding and decoding the the folded RFC 2047 encoded From: header in
the post.

>Fecha:
>Wed, 04 Jul 2007 13:57:02 +0200
>
>Para:
>prova-rest-l at llistes.uab.es

However, I find it very curious that this 'forwarded post' seems to be
missing the Date:, From:, Subject and To: headers from the original
post and the User-Agent: header has been changed to 'Agente de
usuario::'.

What happens if you attempt to post a message with simply

From: test <prova at uab.cat>

instead of the RFC 2047 encoded and folded From: header?