[Mailman-Users] Format conversion

Bill Suarez wsuarez at wsuarez.com
Sun Jul 15 04:37:58 CEST 2007

Thanks Brad, I'll give that a shot.

Appreciate the guidance.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Knowles [mailto:brad at shub-internet.org]
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2007 9:36 PM
To: wsuarez at wsuarez.com; mailman-users at python.org
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Format conversion

On 7/14/07, Bill Suarez wrote:

>  Perhaps I've missed this in the doc's (but I don't think so).

The official "List Administration Manual" at
<http://www.list.org/mailman-admin/index.html> is incomplete.  It
effectively stops at section "2.9 The Archiving Options Category"
looking for would be covered in section "2.12 The Content Filtering
Category".

The updated version of this manual is being worked on, and what's been done
so far can be found at
<http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Mailman+2.1+List+Administrators+Manual>.

>  How can I configure Mailman to convert an HTML post into plain text?

Go to the web admin page for your list.  Go to the "Content Filtering"
section.  Scroll down to the bottom, and where it says "... convert
text/html parts to plain text?", you make sure that the radio button is set
to "Yes".  If not, set it to "Yes", then click the "Submit Your Changes"
button at the bottom of the page.

>  When a member post from Hotmail or Yahoo in HTML format I end up with
> a  .html attachment and two .txt attachments (for the list header and
>  footer) which makes it very difficult to read messages on portable
> devices.

Hopefully, this will solve your problem.

--
Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org>, Consultant & Author LinkedIn Profile:
<http://tinyurl.com/y8kpxu> Slides from Invited Talks:

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0