[Mailman-Users] Failures showing in the log file?

Dennis Carr dennisthetiger at chez-vrolet.net
Mon Jul 16 06:59:14 CEST 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:

> It may or may not help to set SMTP_MAX_RCPTS to a number smaller that
> the number that gets accepted each time (in mm_cfg.py), but first get
> the reason from the smtp-failure log. The best solution depends on the
> reason. It may be that something in the outgoing MTA needs to be
> changed.

That would probably mean smtpd_recipient_limit (running Postfix),
which I have to set 500.  Currently, SMTP_MAX_RCPTS is set to the
default of 1000 in Defaults.py.  I'm wondering, then: given this, would
setting this to, say, 1 cause mailman to deliver one file per email?
(This would be an example, of course; doing something like this would
most likely bring my server down to its knees.)

-Dennis