[Mailman-Users] Moderation and Whitelisting

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Jul 28 00:30:24 CEST 2007

On 7/27/07, Derek J. Balling wrote:

>  Is there any way to have *one concise* place for "Who is able to send to
>  a list"?

In terms of current existing features?  No, not so far as I know.

Of course, if you were handy with a programming language ( ;-), it
shouldn't be too hard to create the necessary Python code to make
that happen.  And then you could share this patch with the rest of
us.  ;-) ;-) ;-)

>  Ideal would be to have the value of "accept_these_nonmembers" also work
>  if the person listed is a member (and maybe someday simply call it
>  "accept_these_posters_always" or something like that).

That's an interesting concept.  I don't know if anyone has asked for
specifically this kind of feature or not, but you could always check
the patch database on SourceForge before seriously considering
whether or not you wanted to try to add this kind of functionality.

>  Has anyone either [a] figured out some cool function of Mailman that
>  we're missing,

Not so far as I know, but then I've only been using and supporting
Mailman and the mailman-users mailing list for a few years, and I'm
sure that there are parts of the system that I am not as familiar
with.

>                 or [b] come up with an easy hack to mailman to allow it
>  to use that value for member posters as well as nonmember?

Easy hack?  Again, not so far as I know.  But you should check the
patch database on SourceForge.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0