[Mailman-Users] Custom verify.txt has Wrong Content-Type

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 20:05:02 CEST 2007

On 6/21/07, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> This is not the normal way to handle a bilingual list. For discussion,

I know it's not the normal way to do things. I like to do things the hard way :)

Actually I am trying to do away with access to the web interface
altogether for the end users. I am just talking about e-mail MIME
encoding only.

> You can still make a list specific template in english in
> $PREFIX/lists/<list-name>/en
> and chinese in $PREFIX/lists/<list-name>/zh-CN if the default template
> isn't suitable for the list.

Which I have done, with the english templates, by making them bilingual.

> If you really want to make the english template bilingual and the
> charset utf-8, you can change the charset for english. In general,
> changing the charset can be problematic because the charset in which
> the language messages and templates are encoded may not be compatible
> with the new charset, but changing english to utf-8 should be OK as
> utf-8 is a superset of the default us-ascii.

Hmmm, that hadn't occured to me. I may have to revisit this down the road then.

> To make this specific change, put
>
> add_language('en', 'English (USA)', 'utf-8')
>
> in mm_cfg.py and restart Mailman.

Thanks,

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"