[Mailman-Users] Max_Message_Size Question

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jun 23 21:51:22 CEST 2007

thezachflower wrote:

>I'm administering a mailing list and the users require a max message size of
>over 15MB. Setting the value to 0 is really the same as setting it to 3MB,

If that is the case, I'm guessing that the 3MB limit is in your MTA or
somewhere else outside of Mailman.

>which does not work as every attachment sent is at least 7MB. I've also
>tried to set the value to 15MB on the web config and it still sets the max
>size as 3MB. This is extremely important for this mailing list to be useful
>at all, does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

Are the messages being held in Mailman with a reason like

  Message body is too big: nn bytes with a limit of nn KB

or are they behing held for some other reason or is something entirely
different happening?