[Mailman-Users] Nomail members

vancleef at lostwells.net vancleef at lostwells.net
Fri Mar 9 05:19:27 CET 2007

The esteemed Mark Sapiro has said:

> In the longer term (Mailman 2.2) password reminders and the site list
> are both going away.

Tell me that isn't true, Mark.  From this mail list administrator's
perspective, "I can't find/use my password" ranks just below the AOL
flaming demands that we unsubscribe them NOW!  You can tell what time
of the month it is, because the whines about passwords rise to a
crescendo the last week of the month and then vanish after the
password reminders are sent out.

I hope that, if you default to not mailing out monthly reminders, you
leave a mechanism in there for doing it that a site administrator can
turn on.  My partner and I have discussed changing the cron task to
flush those reminders twice a month.

Hank