[Mailman-Users] subscribing users

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 13 01:22:39 CET 2007

Bob Minor wrote:

>Can I as a admin send a subscription request to subscribe other
>users? I don't want to do this via http I am looking to email the
>list serve and subvert the confirmation process. I want regular
>subscribers to continue to go through the confirmation process.

You can request subscription of other users by email, but you can't
bypass the confirmation process.

If you don't want to use http because you are somewhere where using a
browser is inconvenient, you can send the equivalent of a POST of a
mass subscribe transaction via wget. See the thread beginning at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-December/041213.html>