[Mailman-Users] newlist mailman - python error

Ulrich Pöschl ulrich at p-consult.at
Tue Mar 13 21:04:02 CET 2007

Mark Sapiro schrieb:
> Ulrich Pöschl // p-consult.at wrote:
>>
>> I try creating the site list with the command "newlist mailman" and this
>> is what I get:
>>
>>> webprojects:/etc# newlist mailman
>>> Enter the email of the person running the list: poeschl at wir-sind.org
>>> Initial mailman password:
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/sbin/newlist", line 226, in ?
>>>     main()
>>>   File "/usr/sbin/newlist", line 167, in main
>>>     mlist.Create(listname, owner_mail, pw)
>>>   File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 457, in Create
>>>     self.InitVars(name, admin, crypted_password)
>>>   File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 296, in InitVars
>>>     self.web_page_url = (
>>> TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
>>> webprojects:/etc#
>

> It looks like you have set DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN in mm_cfg.py and you have
> an extraneous '%' in addition to the '%s' for the host name.

thanks a lot! your hint pointed me in the right direction. problem solved.

other question:

is it possible to use one mailman instance on a single server for two
different subdomains like

xx at lists.host1.com
yy at lists.anotherhost.com

it wouldn't be too bad if the two hosts see eachosters lists, but
mailman should be able to send/receive on both subdomains..

any good starting-point in the docs? or any good howtos on that?

thanks again, and kind regards from Vienna,

Ulrich