[Mailman-Users] trouble migrating a list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 23 04:36:31 CET 2007

Peter wrote:

>I accessed the list's admin page [I don't know how it worked with the password
>I gave (it was the one I use for my other test lists)] and any links I choose
>(like the privacy options; to make it advertised) does not use the correct
>URL.  It uses localhost.my.domain.  I thought this would have been fixed by
>my migration method (fix_url).

fix_url didn't do the right thing because your settings for
DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST are not correct. You probably
have other add_virtualhost() issues as well.

If in fact, 'localhost.my.domain' is the correct DEFAULT_URL_HOST, then
you need to specify the host you want to fix_url with the --urlhost=
option.

Or possibly the problem is with DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN.

This is also why your lists don't appear on the overview.