[Mailman-Users] Let me try this again ;-)

Raquel raquel at thericehouse.net
Sun Mar 25 18:12:15 CEST 2007

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:09:07 -0400
"Dave Foran" <dave at hamnet.org> wrote:

>  Folks
>
> Is there an option to have mailman ignore anonymous posts and not
> even acknowledge the post. Just let it go to /dev/null ??
>
> I have looked and see nothing in simple english..
>
> Right now, I am seriously blacklisted by the anonymous posts being
> sent by spammers and mailman trying to send back a message "your
> post is not allowed"
>

> Maybe I just need to rename them ??
>

> This is getting to the point of "The Spammers win, I loose"
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

Have you looked at the list administrative interface?

Just to name a few --

General Options ...
Send mail to poster when their posting is held for approval?

Privacy options ...
What steps are required for subscription?
Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit
action is defined.
Filter rules to match against the headers of a message.
Hold posts with header value matching a specified regexp.

--
Raquel
It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human