[Mailman-Users] Let me try this again ;-)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Mar 25 22:54:16 CEST 2007

Dave Foran wrote:

>What is an 'anonymous' post?
>
>>>As far as I am concerned some robot that has screen scraped an address and
>sent a message to a list to spam it

Yes, but what characteristics does this message have that would allow
Mailman to recognize it as such and treat it differently from a
message to the list from a human who hapens to be a list member
posting from the wrong address or a non-member sending a 'legitimate'
message?

In other words, you may not want to discard all non-member posts. It
may be better if you can filter the spam ahead of Mailman and then
hold the remaining non-member posts for moderator action.