[Mailman-Users] Counting messages that went to postfix queue

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri May 4 19:49:12 CEST 2007

On 5/4/07, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Instead of the above, do
>
> ~mailman/bin/list_members -r -n enabled mylistname | sort > /tmp/ott2
>
> This will list only non-digest members with delivery enabled.
>
> Or perhaps this is not an issue. Is the number of lines in of /tmp/ott2
> equal to the number of recips in Mailman's smtp log entry? If so, then
> Mailman is delivering to all of them.

Ya, this isn't an issue.  No one can control their membership
in the list.  I subscribe people from database report of email addresses
just before the message goes out.  I tried your suggestion
anyway and the count is still 577.

This is really a question for Postfix resources. If Mailman says it
> delivers to 577 recips, and you can only find 571 of them in Postfix's
> logs, I think this has to be a Postfix issue.

Oh dear, that could be difficult to "prove" to Postfix peoples.
Is there a way to get more verbose logging of what mailman
is delivering other than what the mail server reports?
That way I could compare the two and see
which is dropping the ball.

--Donald