[Mailman-Users] Broken signature because of multipart/alternative

Wilfred Gasper gasper at rz.rwth-aachen.de
Tue May 8 16:48:49 CEST 2007

Hello everybody,

I'm running Mailman 2.1.9 here at RWTH Aachen University.

Our University recently started distributing smime-certificates signed
by our certificate authority. Now more and more people use our
mailinglists with signed messages.

I disabled the footer and mime-filtering on my testing list and have
successfully sent a signed message over this list.

But if I send an email with text/html and text/plain, there is the
following problem:

The message has the content-type multipart/signed as expected, but the
signature is broken because of some additional spaces in the
content-type: multipart/alternative. A diff-output of a mail sent over
the list and direct shows:

35c67
< This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
<
< --------------ms010705010807090202080200
<  boundary="------------020000020307030005020605"
---
 > This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
 >
 > --------------ms010705010807090202080200

The other differences between those two mails are only in the header
(other route, List-* headers). And sending only html or only text (no
multipart/alternative) doesn't brake the signature.

Any ideas how i get rid of those extra spaces between
multipart/alternative; and boundary=? I don't think, this is a intended
behavior?

Kind regards,
Wilfred Gasper
--
Wilfred Gasper
Seffenter Weg 23, 52074 Aachen (Germany)