[Mailman-Users] How to configure a list for invitation-onlysubscriptions?

Carter Braxton cbraxton at iname.com
Sat May 19 15:59:37 CEST 2007

Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
> You really don't need to go to all this trouble. Just set
> subscribe_policy to approve or confirm and approve and manually
> discard any held subscription requests.

Thanks, I didn't realize that invitations would not be subject to the manual approval process.

> If you really want to disable the subscribe email command, just change
> Mailman/Commands/cmd_subscribe.py to respond that subscription is by
> invitation only. That will take care of subscribe commande to -request
> as well as mail to -subscribe and -join.

Exactly what I was looking for -- having already made the other modifications, might as well do this one as well to lock it down as much as possible.

NUS Consulting Group - Energy Management
Professional cost recovery firm specializing in solutions to reduce utility and telecom expenses. Our expertise includes bill auditing, rate analysis, procurement and technical services.