[Mailman-Users] Hyphenated Lists Stopped Working

Andrey Falko falko at reservoir.com
Sat Sep 1 00:05:15 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

Here is how I migrated mailman from one server to another:

1) Create all mailings lists on destination server.
2) Copy the following folders to the destination server.
      archives
      data
      lists
      lists-generic
      locks
      logs
      qfiles
      spam
3) Ran fixurl for all lists (probably not relevant).

Lists with hyphens like, "-", no longer work. Postix has no trouble
delivering mail to these lists to the maildir, but the emails simply lie
in /var/lib/mailman/qfiles/maildir/cur/ and nothing appears to happen to
them..

Log files show nothing helpful:
Aug 31 17:32:08 2007 (14022)
<mailman.0.1188595927.11401.hyphen-ated at reservoir.com> smtp to
hyphen-ated for 1 recips, completed in 0.058 seconds
Aug 31 17:33:12 2007 (14022)
<mailman.0.1188595990.11581.hyphen-ated at reservoir.com> smtp to
hyphen-ated for 1 recips, completed in 0.040 seconds
Aug 31 17:33:50 2007 (14022)
Aug 31 17:33:10 2007 (11581) hyphen-ated: held subscription request from
falko at reservoir.com

When a user request is made to add a user to these lists, the
confirmation email does not get sent to the admin. Postfix does not
report any delivery problems.

I tried googling this, but found nothing.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Andrey Falko