[Mailman-Users] How to clean out pending database?

Jim Garrison jhg at jhmg.net
Tue Sep 11 07:50:19 CEST 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:
[snip]
> If your Mailman was installed from source in the default location, it's
> /usr/local/mailman/qfiles/retry, but it could be anywhere. If you know
> where Defaults.py and mm_cfg.py are, look in Defaults.py where you
> should see
>
> QUEUE_DIR       = os.path.join(VAR_PREFIX, 'qfiles')

Ah. That was the key.  On a Fedora system with Mailman installed from
RPM it's /var/spool/mailman, not 'qfiles' at all.
> and before that,
>
> VAR_PREFIX      = '/some/path'
>
> which would put qfiles at /some/path/qfiles.
>
> Did you do
>
> find / -name qfiles -print

Yes, with predictable results since it's not 'qfiles' in Fedora :-)

Thanks for the pointers.  I disabled DNS rejects in Postfix and the
next time Mailman tried to send the invites it got permanent errors
and gave up.

Again, your help is much appreciated.

--
Jim Garrison (jhg at acm.org)