[Mailman-Users] Mailman can't send mail

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Sep 18 17:54:31 CEST 2007

Can Cizer wrote:

> Although i can create a mail list and i can send mail to the list,that mail
>cannot be sent to other members of the list ( even no subscribe mails ). The
>mails that sent can be seen by the admin on the mail list page (tend to
>pending moderator requests). What should i do to fix this problem? ( I saw
>same topics in the archive,but they could not help me. )
>
>Information about system;
>
>- The version of the mailman 2.1.9
>- It is installed from source code.
>- The server - CentOS 5
>- The mta - qmail

The information in
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.078.htp>
may help, but since posts get as far as being held, but no outging
mail is delivered, presumably even after approving the held posts,
much of that FAQ isn't relevant.

Do posts appear in the list's archive?

No outgoing mail says either OutgoingRunner isn't running (but we know
IncomingRunner is because posts get processed and held), so check that
all the qrunners are running (FAQ 4.78 - 1b and 5b), check Mailman's
queues (FAQ 4.78 - 8) and check Mailman's logs (FAQ 4.78 - 7),
particularly 'smtp' and 'smtp-failure', but also 'error'. This should
tell you whether the mail is getting out of Mailman or not.