[Mailman-Users] option to send mail but disallow posting

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Sep 20 03:31:46 CEST 2007

Michael Welch wrote:

>Is there a subscription option which allows receipt of all list emails, but disallows some members from posting? It would need to be something that is Admin settable, but cannot be changed by the subscriber.
>
>I understand that I can put these folks on moderation and then delete any attempt to post, but I would rather have a hands-off method.

You're half way there. You set them moderated, set the list's
member_moderation_action to Reject and provide appropriate text in
member_moderation_notice. These are on the Privacy options...->Sender
filters page in the admin interface.

>This Mailman installation will be hosted by DreamHost, so I do not have access to command-line tools.

Not a problem. This is all done through the web admin interface.