[Mailman-Users] Double '@' in member mail address; can't remove this address

Rolf E. Sonneveld R.E.Sonneveld at sonnection.nl
Fri Sep 28 16:42:57 CEST 2007

a user has subscribed via the web interface, making a typo in the mail
address. The address subscribed is something like
First.Last@@domain.com. When I try to remove that address, I get an
error (no matter whether I use the admin web interface to remove the
address, or whether I try it from the command line). From the command
line, I get:

bash-2.05# ./remove_members maillist First.Last@@domain.com
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./remove_members", line 186, in <module>
  File "./remove_members", line 176, in main
    admin_notif, userack)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1014, in
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line 220, in
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py", line 113, in
    raise Errors.NotAMemberError, member
Mailman.Errors.NotAMemberError: First.Last@

no matter whether I enclose the mail address in single-quotes,
double-quotes, no-quotes-at-all or whether I use regexp format to escape
the dots and/or the at-signs. When I try to remove the address via the
admin web interface I get:

          Error Unsubscribing:

    * First.Last@@domain.com -- Not subscribed

Is there any other way to remove this address from the list?