[Mailman-Users] clone_member

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Apr 1 23:09:18 CEST 2008

Con Wieland wrote:

>I've used this command regularly when folks addresses change but
>since upgrading it hangs very early along the way with no errors.
>
>./clone_member -r katstein at uci.edu kvancko at uci.edu

>processing mailing list: uci-gis
>     address not found: katstein at uci.edu
>processing mailing list: uctas-internal
>     address not found: katstein at uci.edu
>processing mailing list: uciahcsg
>     address not found: katstein at uci.edu
>processing mailing list: cie-info
>     address not found: katstein at uci.edu
>
>any ideas???

Is this a regular occurrence or just this one address? And what do you
mean by hangs? Do you mean it gets that far and then stops but doesn't
return? If so, I'd check for stale locks, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.076.htp>.

Note also, if it is hung on a list, it is the next list in the order
returned by Python's os.listdir() which should be the same order as
returned by

  ls -U /path/to/mailman/lists