[Mailman-Users] clone_member

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 2 00:29:48 CEST 2008

Con Wieland wrote:
>On Apr 1, 2008, at 2:09 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> If so, I'd check for stale locks, see
>> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?
>> req=show&file=faq04.076.htp>.
>Here is the lock file
>bash-2.05$ ls

Unless you caught this lock in the process of being created, the above
without a casa-chavez.lock file is residue and probably sould be
removed. Does "ps -fwp 8797" show a Mailman related process?

There are 6 processes waiting on this lock. That's very suspicious. The
contents of the cie-news.lock file (cat cie-news.lock) will tell you
which of the 7 processes currently has the lock. Is the pid still
viable? How old is the lock (ls -l)?

These are normal. They prevent another 'mailmanctl start' when Mailman
is running.

See comments re casa-chavez.

The only list that's actually locked is cie-news.

>it does not include the suspect list.

What suspect list?

>> Note also, if it is hung on a list, it is the next list in the order
>> returned by Python's os.listdir() which should be the same order as
>> returned by
>>   ls -U /path/to/mailman/lists
>cie-fac                     ppdphd
>cie-info                    pps-coreteam
>cie-ipa                     pps-update
>cie-news                    preemie-study
>citr                        probationoutcome
>claffiliates                pso
>clas                        purchasingsurvey
>classrooms                  pv-announce
>classrooms-jobs             pvrc
>clcorefac                   r-sna-devel

This is not the output we want to see. Did you include the -U (upper
case meaning 'do not sort') option. The list we want to see will have

in that order followed by the problem list which I suspect is cie-news.