[Mailman-Users] Again on HTML emails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 16 17:21:39 CEST 2008

Giulio Troccoli wrote:

>Without any content filtering set up in mailman the email is delivered as
>an HTML attachement, which is sort of alright.

Presumably, the message 'body' in this case is your msg_header. If you
remove the msg_header - i.e. make it empty, not just blank - it won't
be added and the 'body' will be the html part. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>
for more on this.

>So I tried switching
>content filtering on. I added text/html to the pass_mime_types (which now
>contains multipart/mixed, multipart/alternative, text/plain and text/html)
>but the email is now rejected (filter_mime_types is empty).

I don't understand why unless filter_mime_types is not truly empty but
contains some whitespace.