[Mailman-Users] Passwords

Rachel Mawhood rachel at longitude0.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 10:49:49 CEST 2008

We have set up Mailman as a closed, private list for an international
society.  Members are subscribed by the Secretary, via the Admin
control panel.  (Anyone who wants to join the list has to e-mail the
Secretary, and only the society members are eligible to be joined to the list.)

As far as I can see, that means that members won't ever be asked for
a password/don't need a password to send messages to the list.  But
they still would need a password to be able to view the Archives
which we have set to "private".  When I tested accessing the
archives, I got in with my own e-mail address and the Admin password
(my own e-mail address is on the subscriber list and is difference
from the list-owner e-mail address).

Obviously, we can't give 400-plus people the Admin or Moderator
passwords so that they can view the Archives.  Is there a way of
having a third password, which we can give to the membership (and
reset from time to time), to enable members to view the Archives?

TVMIA
Rachel