[Mailman-Users] line returns missing

Philip Tellis philip.tellis at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 22:00:35 CEST 2008

2008/8/2 Michael Welch <mwelch at redwoodalliance.org>:
> Hi gang. Every now and then, I get messages from the list that display with no line returns. I have seen this happen on this Mailman-Users list, and recall that the problem was that Eudora for Windows did not handle a particular type of charset properly.
>
> Now I am getting these occasionally from my own list. I do not recall this happening with anything other than messages from Mailman. None of my list members have complained (yet), but I would love to have your opinion if this is a list problem or my personal email client.
>
> Here are the ContentTypes for three of the messages, along with the sender's email client:

It could also depend on your email client, and the
Content-Transfer-Encoding, and perhaps other mail headers.  Have a
look at those headers and see if you get a pattern.  I remember seeing
this a few years ago with quoted-printable text, but I also see it in
the email that you just sent, and that's 7bit.

Philip