[Mailman-Users] Web Interface tags in email

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Aug 5 06:13:03 CEST 2008

Knabe, Troy wrote:

>We have written a custom web application that authenticates against our ldap directory so staff can manage their own lists, without all of the robustness of the mailman web interface.  By default both list and administrative emails have links to the web interface.  Where do I need to go about changing that to include the link to our other web server.

If you're talking about the footers in list posts and digests, those
are defined in the list's Non-digest options -> msg_footer and Digest
options -> digest_footer. The default footers contain the line

which for this list for example expands to

You can edit these footers any way you want. The actual substitutions
that are available are described in the 'Details for' link, but you
don't have to use any.

If you're talking about the RFC 2369 List-* headers, those are added in
Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py

Other notices, such as admindb request notifications are either based
on templates or are completely hard coded. See
<http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9> for information about templates. To find
a particular notice use

grep "some template text" templates/en/*

and

grep -r "some text" Mailman/*