[Mailman-Users] Question re: creating new lists from the GUI

Simon tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Tue Aug 5 20:09:03 CEST 2008

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your help - see inline below for my responses.

On 8/2/2008 11:15 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> The fact that you are getting 'user unknown in virtual mailbox table'
> tells me that your list domain is a postfix virtual domain. You need
> to go to <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node12.html> and do the
> things outlined in both subsections 6.1.1 and 6.1.2.
>
> In mm_cfg.py you need
>
> MTA= 'Postfix'
>
> and
>
> POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['list.example.com']

This is from my current mm_cfg.py:

# Put YOUR site-specific settings below this line.
MTA = 'Postfix'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['myhost.mydomain.com']
ALLOW_SITE_ADMIN_COOKIES = Yes

> You also need to reference data/aliases and data/virtual-mailman in
> your postfix main.cf as outlined in the manual linked above.

 From my current main.cf (snipped output of postconf -n):
alias_maps = hash:/etc/mail/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases

and

virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf,
hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

And, well, dang - I visually inspected each file and they both contain
the proper aliases for the newly created list, so the aliases *are*
getting created...

> If you have further questions about this, please ask.

Ok - any other ideas where to look? ;)

Thanks again for the help...