[Mailman-Users] Filtering SPAM/ Out of Office

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Fri Aug 8 21:57:47 CEST 2008

On Aug 8, 2008, at 10:01 AM, Webmaster PF wrote:

> 1.	How to filter out “Out of Office” replies to the list.

I have found that putting the first few users who use broken
autoresponders into a pillory has some deterrent effect, but memories
need to be refreshed occasionally.

If for piddling legal or other constraints such as not finding a
pillory in working order prevent you from using that approach, I tend
to set "no mail" for those uses, and if there is reason to believe
that it is a site wide problem, I may bar users from that site, or at
least threaten to, always informing the postmaster of the site with
the broken autoresponders.

I also direct people to my out-of-date rant on the subject.

  http://www.goldmark.org/netrants/auto-resp/

-j