[Mailman-Users] Syntax Error..

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Aug 16 16:58:40 CEST 2008

Copying the list

Khalil Abbas wrote:

>I'm trying to install mailman in debian and following step by step instructions in debian help website at this address :
>
>http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/mailman.htm
>
>My problem is that I followed the instructions step by step but can't access the web interface although I tried all forms of possible url's :
>
>www.mydomain.com/mailman/create
>www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/mailman/create
>www.mydomain.com/mailman/admin/list
>www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/list
>....etc ..
>
>I'm going nuts, I've been suffering for 2 weeks trying to install mailman and reading through manuals and FAQ's and each time I get stuck in something ..

You are installing a Debian package. The people on this list are most
familiar with installation of GNU Mailman from our source distribution.

You might get better answers from Debian support resources.

However, the instructions at http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/mailman.htm
say "Mailman will integrate itself into your webserver if you're
running Apache or Apache2". This implies that the package creates a
file included in the apache configuration. Perhaps something like
/etc/httpd/conf.d/mailman. What's in that file? And, have you reloaded
or restarted httpd since you installed Mailman.

Please reply on the list. Every time you reply off list to me, the
thread gets broken in the archive which makes it that much harder for
the next person to find any resolution.