[Mailman-Users] Mailman Cannot Create a New List

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Dec 3 19:08:28 CET 2008

bjk at comauth.co.nz wrote:

> Have spent an hour trawling through FAQ / Archives etc, but I can't find a
> match for my current predicament. :-)
>
> We have installed Mailman via cpanel / Fantastico on
> www.claverton-energy.com and have a Mailing List which has worked perfectly
> for a couple of weeks at;
> http://claverton-energy.com/mailman/admin/claverton-group_claverton-energy.c
> om

Search the FAQ Wiki for "cpanel".

> However, the site owner now wants a new list created. The problem is, the
> link to do this; http://claverton-energy.com/mailman/create - generates a
> 404 Page Not Found Error... None of  the documentation / trouble-shooting
> anticipates that particular circumstance - and we have absolutely no idea
> what to do to resolve it! :-)

You need to talk to your provider.  There's nothing we can do to help you.
Only they have access to the log files in question that would give more
details regarding the true nature of the problem.

If they are not responsive, then you might want to think about trying to
find a different provider.  Unfortunately, this is a very typical problem of
many cpanel customers.