[Mailman-Users] Footer question...

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Dec 4 20:34:39 CET 2008

Greg and Cheryl Sabens wrote:

> Can someone tell me where this is originating from.  Sometime is looks
> like it from Mailman, but I have confirmed that it's not part of the
> footer that I created.  But sometimes it seems to be in Yahoo! because
> when I receive the same email in Outlook and that text is not there.

This is created because the original message is in HTML, and when Mailman
adds the footer it's added as a separate ASCII text portion of the message.

All of this is explained in FAQ 4.39 at <http://wiki.list.org/x/84A9>.

> Again, sorry if this is repetitive, but I couldn't find any thread or faq
> that spoke specifically to these questions...only close to it.

If you search for "footer", you'll come up with several hits, and 4.39
should be close to the top of that list.