[Mailman-Users] Gmail issue...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Dec 5 18:09:26 CET 2008

Brad Knowles wrote:

>Dario Ghilardi wrote:
>
>> I have problems with all gmail accounts (i tried with 2 different but i get
>> the same result).
>> I can subscribe to the list with a gmail account but i can't send emails to
>> that. I can receive others email, but others (and the mailing list too as
>> the archives are empty) can't receive mine.
>
>Hmm.  In questions like this, my first response is to ask what is in the MTA
>logs on the target side?  Is gmail even contacting the machine in question?
>  If it is, are those messages being dropped or quarantined by spam filters?
>  Are they being delivered to Mailman but then held for moderation?
>
>Before we can help, we need to know what is in the MTA and Mailman logs that
>are relevant to these messages that aren't showing up.

Well, clearly you can send to this (mailman-users) list from your gmail
account...

In addition to what Brad indicates, what else can you tell us. Is this
just one specific list with which you have this problem. Is it your
list or someone else's? Do you get anything back when you attempt to
post? If you are not the list owner, have you contacted the list
owner? Perhaps there is some moderation issue or similar.