[Mailman-Users] Problem with moving lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Dec 5 18:21:27 CET 2008

Brad Knowles wrote:

>James Gallagher wrote:

<snip>

Brads advice about check_perms and the FAQ is good.

>>                                  One thing that shouldn't matter is that
>> I ran configure before I copied the lists - I forget if that's the order
>> used in the FAQ answer.
>
>I'm not convinced that won't create a problem for you, but I'll leave that
>question for Mark.
>
>> The second question, and it might provide a clue regarding the first, is
>> that I have the lists in question set to prefix the message subject
>> with  the name of the list in brackets. Again, that works with the new
>> lists but not with the moved lists.
>
>That sounds like a configuration file that is not in the right place, and
>that might potentially be caused by the "configure" not being done in the
>correct place on the correct system.

If you go to the web admin interface for the moved lists, what do you
see? Do you see a subject_prefix on General Options? Do you see the
expected membership list? is Archiving Options -> archive set to Yes?

Also, the FAQ mentions several procedures some of which are less that
optimum. Can you outline even roughly what you actually did.