[Mailman-Users] Filter for exact domain names

Cyndi Norwitz cyndi at norwitz.net
Sun Dec 14 06:15:20 CET 2008

On Dec 13, 2008, at 4:35 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> The following (Chinese) domains are perennial offenders (and I do mean
> *years*):  tom.com, 163.com, 126.com, and 263.com.

Thanks, I added those too.

>> Also, only the message-id of discarded messages is logged by
>> Mailman, so figuring out if any particular discard_these_nonmembers
>> entry is still being hit is difficult.

As Mark points out, the whole domain filters don't catch much because
the domain change frequently, so I just have discarded messages sent
to me.  That way I can catch the mistakes, if any (only one so far,
from clicking the wrong box (from an email address, not a domain
filter)).

I can't use graymail/spam programs because I don't have access to the
root where MM is.

Using these tools is imperfect but it does save me some time and
annoyance.

Wishlist: can you make the screen showing the list of addresses/code
lines bigger?  It's very hard to navigate.  Ideally, it would be
small when on a page with lots of other commands but expand when you
click on the individual command.

Thanks,
Cyndi