[Mailman-Users] bounced addresses stays there

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Dec 21 07:49:51 CET 2008

faisal anif wrote:

>I have the following settings:
>
>bounce_score_threshold: 2.0
>bounce_info_stale_after: 7
>bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings: 0 - for immediate removal
>bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval: 7
>
>then I notice that the addresses that have delivery disabled for bounce reason is still in the members list and not completely removed from the list .. which is not good becasue I want them totally removed and know the exact number of active members ..
>
>how can I do that?

The settings you have will do that. If you recently reduced
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings to 0 from some other number, those
members whose delivery was disabled by bounce at the time of the
reduction will still get the number of warnings they were set to get
when their delivery was disabled before they are removed. Also,
cron/disabled has to be run in order to send the warnings and
ultimately remove the members.

If you don't want to wait for these to be automatically removed, you
can always remove them via the admin interface or if you have command
line access, do

bin/list_members -n bybounce LISTNAME | bin/remove_members -f - LISTNAME

which will remove all members with delivery disabled by bounce.

In any case any members who in the future bounce on two out of seven
days will be immediately removed.