[Mailman-Users] The economics of spam

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Tue Dec 23 20:43:06 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 11:24 -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Also, such a scheme is fraught with all the problems that currently
> affect SPF, DKIM, etc with forwarded mail.

It's always amazing to me that Internet e-mail works at all these days,
what with spam, viruses, large software companies trying to
dilute/pervert the standard, etc.  That it still works is a testament to
the technical wisdom and insight of the "founding fathers" (Gordon,
Resnick, et al) who developed the RFCs on which it's based.

When a lot of people think of the Internet, they think of the web, but
as an IPP I can tell you this.  If someone's website goes down they call
you and complain.  If their email goes down they come looking for you
with a rope and a lawyer!  Fortunately, I've never had to deal with the
latter.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "In an open world,    |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |    who needs Windows  |      available at