[Mailman-Users] help files

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Dec 30 02:29:59 CET 2008

on 12/29/08 5:54 PM, Mark Sapiro said:

> I am aware the the python.org documentation URLs have all changed.
> Unfortunately, it's not a simple mapping. E.g., the above becomes
> <http://www.python.org/doc/current/library/re.html#regular-expression-syntax>
> or equivalently
> <http://docs.python.org/library/re.html#regular-expression-syntax>.

Part of the problem is that the people who maintain the official
python.org documentation for this information feel that Mailman should
not be referencing their documentation, instead we should have our own
internal version of the same information.

So, they don't give a flying flip about what happens to the Mailman
community when they change their documentation or their URLs.

Since the release engineer for the next major version of Python is going
to be mentored by Barry Warsaw for that role, perhaps we can get some
sympathy there and hopefully get a bit more cooperation on things like this.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out