[Mailman-Users] How to accept mail from a single IP / DNS name only for a given list

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Dec 31 18:07:30 CET 2008

on 12/30/08 1:10 PM, Emmett Perdue said:

> How can I setup a list so that mail can be accepted ONLY from 1 IP
> address? As an example I have a list named abc at 123.com and it is setup
> as an announce list only accepting mail from 1 user with an address of
> bob at 123.com..  How can I set this list up so that even if the mail
> appears to come from bob at 123.com the email will post to the list ONLY if
> bob at 123.com's email came from bobspc.123.com which has an an IP address
> of 123.456.789.246

That's really something that you need to do in your MTA.  By the time
the message gets to Mailman, we can no longer tell what IP address sent

Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out
LinkedIn Profile:                 my friend bigsbytracks on YouTube at
<http://tinyurl.com/y8kpxu>    http://preview.tinyurl.com/bigsbytracks