[Mailman-Users] Confirming Subscription Requests by Email

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Feb 4 04:56:45 CET 2008

Dylan Jenkinson wrote:

>I am currently working on a website, which has an attached mailing list.
>I have little experience with running mailing lists, but it has fallen
>to me to get the participant verification system up and running, and
>part of that includes auto-confirming subscriptions to the mailing list.
>
>So, what I would like to know is: is there a way to confirm a
>subscription request by email, assuming that I will know the users email
>and password?

No. However, if what you want to do is create a web page which will
allow a user to subscribe without having to take any further action,
and without removing the confirmation step normally required for other
subscription methods, you can do that.

See some of the hits from
<http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amail.python.org+inurl%3Amailman-users+wget>.