[Mailman-Users] Mailman Borks on Large Attachments

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 6 17:46:48 CET 2008

Lachlan Michael wrote:

>One more data point. An attachment of 500-600kB was ok, but an attachment
>of 1.5MB was not.
>
>For the 1.5MB file case, the memory errors just kept coming until the .bak
>file was left in place, and not moved away. Does this point to the mail
>just being too big for python?

No. This is really the same underlying problem. It is just manifesting
itself in an unanticipated way in the 1.5MB case. I will fix this,
probably later today, and send a revised Switchboard.py.

I am sorry for your difficulties, but I really appreciate your help in
getting the Mailman side of this fixed.

Ultimately, you will need to fix the underlying issue. I don't know how
to do that, but these errors should not be happening. In most
installations, Mailman can handle messages of tens of megabytes withot
this problem.