[Mailman-Users] "raising a string exception is deprecated"?

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Wed Jan 2 03:45:14 CET 2008

I just upgraded to Fedora 8, which includes Python 2.5.1, and started
noticing this error cropping up:

/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py:512: DeprecationWarning: raising a
string exception is deprecated
  raise quickexit

Is this something I should be concerned with?

Particularly the "raise quickexit" has be a bit worried ... is the
process that is being executed completing?

The above message was encountered when the checkdbs cronjob was running.

"The universe doesn't care what you believe. The wonderful thing about
science is that it doesn't ask for your faith, it just asks for your
eyes" --- http://xkcd.com/c154.html